Do you trust God’s word over your life? I mean really trust God at his word, that what he says in his word is true for your life? So many times we think the promises and blessings in the bible are just words. We believe it’s not for us, but for someone else who we think has it all together and isn’t struggling in their faith or in our eyes they seem perfect. Well, let me tell you today that none of us are perfect (Jesus was the only perfect person to walk this earth). We are all dealing with some kind of issue or struggle in our life whether we realize it or not. If you are struggling to trust God in different areas of your life, then how can you believe or expect to see his promises manifest in your life? It says in Hebrews 10:23 (NLT) Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. So while you wait on the Lord to bring those promises to pass in your life, trust God. Trust him to do what he said he would do because his word never fails.
You need to be encouraged today and keep standing on God’s promises. Even when times are tough, even when you don’t know how God can fix your circumstances, keep standing on his promises and know that God is good and faithful. 2 Peter 1:4 (NLT) And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the worlds corruption caused by human desires. Promise means a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen in the future; assure someone that one will definitely do, give, or arrange something; ground for expectation of success, improvement, or excellence; indication of something favorable to come. It says in 2 Corinthians 1:20-22 (MSG) Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God’s Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. By his Spirit he has stamped us with his eternal pledge—a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete. God’s promises are his assurance of what is to come in our future if we just believe. We have to believe them to see them.
Just as God made a promise to Abraham in the bible, he is sure to fulfill his promises to you. It says in Hebrews 6:17-20 (MSG) When God made his promise to Abraham, he backed it to the hilt, putting his own reputation on the line. He said, “I promise that I’ll bless you with everything I have—bless and bless and bless!” Abraham stuck it out and got everything that had been promised to him. When people make promises, they guarantee them by appeal to some authority above them so that if there is any question that they’ll make good on the promise, the authority will back them up. When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee—God can’t break his word. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable. We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It’s an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us. God’s promises and his word are incapable of failing. Luke 1:37(NIV) For no word from God will ever fail. Since his word does not fail means his promises does not fail and that he never fails.
A couple things that could be hindering you from seeing promises fulfilled in your life are old mindsets and behaviors. They are keeping you from believing and trusting that God wants to fulfill his promises in your life. Romans 4:16-18 (AMP) Therefore, [inheriting] the promise depends entirely on faith [that is, confident trust in the unseen God], in order that it may be given as an act of grace [His unmerited favor and mercy], so that the promise will be [legally] guaranteed to all the descendants [of Abraham]—not only for those [Jewish believers] who keep the Law, but also for those [Gentile believers] who share the faith of Abraham, who is the [spiritual] father of us all. Don’t allow fear, doubt, hopelessness, or worry to put you in a state of complacency, where you accept the way you live currently is how you will always live. Stop believing that God is not working to fulfill his promises in your life just because you don’t see tangible evidence of his progress. God is a promise keeper, not a promise breaker. It says in Numbers 23:19 (NIV) God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? God has never broken a promise or made a promise that he did not keep.
Trust God enough to be patient and wait for God to bring his promises to pass in your life. Remember during the waiting periods to not get impatient, tired, hopeless or doubtful that you will see them happen. Also, don’t make the promise bigger than God. When the promise becomes bigger than God, you have maximized the promise so much that it’s all you focus on. When you do this you lose focus on God. You have now started to put the promise of God before God. You begin to forget about the one who gave you the promise and you start talking more about the promise and less about the God who gave it to you. Your promise has just become bigger than God to you. God never intended for you to look at the promise that way. How could a promise be bigger than God when he is the one who said it, so he will be the one to fulfill it? It is going to take his resources and abilities for it to manifest in your life. You cannot see a promise fulfilled unless God does it. A promise on its own can do nothing without the hand of God because it has no power without God. Focus on God and hold onto his promises. His promises gives you hope in the midst of your circumstance and speaks life into you and your situation. Don’t make the mistake of your promise being bigger than God because you need him for the promise to manifest. Don’t maximize God over the promise, but instead choose to focus on God and hold onto the promise to encourage you and give you hope until you see the promise happen in your life.
Today chose to live in expectation for God’s promises to come to pass in your life. Begin to speak his promises over yourself, your family, your friends, and your co-workers. Speak them daily by putting them in places where they are constantly in your face for you to see and read them. By repeating them daily it will increase your faith, hope, peace, strength and patience to wait on God. If you struggle to believe them at first, continue daily speaking them and eventually you will start to believe them. God’s word has a way of getting into you and changing you from the inside out, even when you don’t even realize it. Eventually you will see the fruit of the promises happening in your life. Here is a prayer to pray God’s promises over your life: Lord, today I choose to believe that you have promises that you want to fulfill in my life. I come into agreement with you and trust that I will see every promise that is written in your word come to pass in my life. For your word never fails. Give me the faith I need to be able to see your promises manifest. Because you affirmed me, made me a sure thing in Christ, and put your yes within me; by your spirit I have been stamped with your eternal pledge that what you have destined for me will be completed. Help me to change any old mindsets and behaviors that stop me from seeing and believing that your promises will be fulfilled. Please reveal to me when I have maximized a promise to be bigger than you. As I know that any promise you have for me can only be fulfilled by your hands. Thank you for all the promises that have already been fulfilled in my life and for the ones that are yet to come. In Jesus Name, Amen
Below are some of God’s promises and the scriptures they are found in:
- I Am A New Creation – 2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
- I Am Delivered – Psalm 34:17 (NIV) The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
- I Am Healed – Isaiah 53:5 (ASV) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- I Am Protected – Psalm 121:7-8 (HCSB) The LORD will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life. The LORD will protect your coming and going both now and forever.
- I Am More Than A Conqueror – Romans 8:37 (ESV) No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
- I Am Free – Galatians 5:1 (NIV) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery
- I Am Blessed – Deuteronomy 28:6 (NLT) Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be blessed.
- I Have God’s Grace – James 4:6 (GNT) But the grace that God gives is even stronger. As the scripture says, “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
- I Have God’s Peace – John 14:27 (NIV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid
- I Have God’s Forgiveness – 1 John 1:9 (NIV) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- God’s Loves Me – Proverbs 8:17 (NIV) I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.
- God Gives Me Wisdom – Proverbs 2:6 (NIV) For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
- God Is My Strength & Help – Psalm 46:1 (WEB) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- God Will Sustain Me – Psalm 55:22 (NIV) Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
- God’s Gives Me Guidance – Psalm 32:8 (NLT) The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.
- God Directs My Steps – Proverbs 16:9 (NASB) The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.
- God Supplies My Needs – Philippians 4:19 (ESV) Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- God Has Plans For Me – Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT) For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
- God Is With Me – Isaiah 43:2 (NLT) When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
- God Will Never Leave Me – Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV) Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- God Gives Me Strength – Philippians 4:13 (NLT) For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
- God Helps Me Fight Temptation – 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NLT) The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
- God Hears My Prayers – Jeremiah 29:12 (NIV) Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.